May 30, 2014 2:22 pm
In this clip from Advancement Live (original air date: 5.27.14), host Ryan Catherwood interviews Heidi Kozuch from the University of Virginia on ways to personalize donor relations efforts during the stewardship process.
Questions for Heidi:
1) I was amazed to learn about your customization efforts with respect to our stewardship strategy at U.Va. Can you tell viewers about our Stewardship Books?
2) What are the stewardship components of the 1st time donor program? How are new donors treated differently?
3) What makes a good gift acknowledgement? How does the Donor Relations team make sure that the same letters, with the same language aren’t sent out to the same person more than once?
4) How do we get students, faculty and staff involved in the stewardship process here at U.Va.?
5) What is the consolidated Honor Roll? What do you think the impact is in having a donors name appear on a long list?
Heidi is the Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship in University
Advancement at the University of Virginia. Heidi oversees the stewardship program for the University’s donors, alumni, parents and friends, which includes acknowledgement letters, endowment reporting, In Memory of/In Honor of reporting, holiday cards, customized stewardship efforts, and the Lawn Society, the University’s highest level giving society. Heidi has been with Donor Relations since October 2005, serving as assistant director for the last two years.
Advancement Live is sponsored by
iModules Software is the leading constituent engagement management provider for educational institutions. iModules delivers an integrated, online platform that transforms how institutions strengthen constituent relationships and achieve fundraising success.
Higher Ed Live is produced by mStoner, a marketing and communications firm that works with education institutions on branding, strategy, web design, and more. In June mStoner is hosting an in-depth two-part webinar series focused on brand strategy.Schedule.