Join Ryan Catherwood, Assistant Director for digital communications and social media at Washington and Lee University’s Alumni Affairs Office, as he discusses alumni engagement strategy with some great guests:
- Jeff Young, technology editor for The Chronicle of Higher Education, writes a monthly news-analysis column called College 2.0 that tracks how tech is changing colleges. He is also co-editor of Rebooting the Academy, an e-book published by The Chronicle. His freelance articles on technology have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and New Scientist magazine.
- Kim Brown, Assistant Director for Alumni Programs in Syracuse University’s Career Services office and Adjunct Professor at SU’s Newhouse School.
- Michael Sgro, Director of Alumni & Parent Relations at SUNY Oswego and founder of Alumni Trending, a forum for sharing best practices among alumni relations professionals over social networks including LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Taken from the live broadcast January 17, 2013
Topics discussed during the LIVE broadcast include:
- What makes a great networking event
- How to complement an event-based professional networking strategy with digital and social media components
- What’s currently working in Alumni Affairs for each of the guests
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
OmniUpdate is the leading web content management system (CMS) provider for higher education. The company’s web CMS, OU Campus™, is secure and scalable with great tools and features, deployment flexibility, and an awesome user community. In fact, it was the highest ranked CMS in customer satisfaction in a 2010 .eduGuru survey—so if you need a CMS, check it out at www.omniupdate.com.
Higher Ed Live is sponsored by Inigral, the Creators of the Schools App. A private Facebook community to boost enrollment and retention. Check out their blog “Inigral Insights” for posts on admissions marketing, student engagement, and social media in higher education.