ABOUT THE SESSION
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
12:30pm – 1:30pm
Higher Ed Live: Contested Issues
Streaming Live: watch.higheredlive.com
Join Student Affairs Live co-hosts Heather Shea Gasser and Tony Doody as they moderate six fast-paced, eight minute, one-on-one debates between legendary thought leaders in student affairs. The session will explore controversial topics in higher education. The session will include feedback from the live audience and twitter. For additional details, visit: http://test-higher-ed-live.pantheonsite.io/acpa16-contested-issues-debate/
- Master’s Required: Is a masters degree in Student Affairs the best preparation for the field?
- Credentialing: Should we require credentialing of Student Affairs professionals?
- Faculty vs. Practitioners: Are practitioners using research?
- Bright or Troubled Future: Is the future of Student Affairs in higher education at risk?
- Move Up or Move Out: Multi-institutional Experiences vs. Single-institutional experiences
- Coddling: Are intrusive practices helping or hurting our students?
Stay connected throughout the conference and during the session with #ACPA16 and #higheredlive. Follow @higheredlive on Twitter for debate updates and more! Can’t make the 2016 ACPA Conference but still want to check out the debate? Higher Ed Live will be streaming the session LIVE for free on this website.
Senior Director of Student Engagement