Colleges and universities around the country enter to be recognized for social media excellence in the EDU Hall of Fame
The Social Media Strategies Summit – Higher Education is a two day conference coming to Boston, November 2-3, 2017. Now in its 3rd year, the summit is where social media marketing professionals working in higher education gather to learn about best practices, trends, and insights into how leading universities are leveraging social channels to drive results to improve student, faculty and staff experience.
With the evolution of how students engage with social channels comes the demand for mobile-friendly, visual, customized experiences — and higher education institutions are rising to the challenge. A few case studies attendees will learn about at the Summit includes:
- UC Berkeley, for example, organizes a student-led advisory team called “Social Slice” that creates content to engage other students via social channels.
- Texas A&M works hard to create memorable user experiences by creating unique content tailored to different social channels.
- Temple University creates meaningful digital experiences online — webinars, online consulting, virtual group projects — all integrated with social to make sure they stay connected with other students.
To recognize and celebrate this awesome work, the summit is running a brand new initiative in partnership with mStoner, Inc.: the EDU Hall of Fame.
The summit is accepting nominations to award universities and colleges for excellence in social media across six categories:
- Most creative use of video: This award honors innovation and creativity. Marketers should nominate examples displaying out-of-the-box thinking and unique approaches to use of video.
- Best higher ed administrator using social media: Acknowledge a social media superstar from your administration team! This award is for a team member that goes above and beyond to use social media as a channel to support audience engagement and brand awareness for your institution.
- Best showcase of faculty research & innovation through social media: This award highlights a team’s notable efforts in collaborating with faculty, harnessing new media tools, and working creatively to translate faculty research and innovation for consumption by a broader audience.
- Best use of a mascot in social media: This award honors imagination, ingenuity and originality. We want to see examples of universities and colleges bringing the fun and school spirit of a mascot to life through social media.
- Best overall social media presence: Enter your university to be acknowledged for exceptional social practices on one of the following channels: Instagram Facebook Twitter Snapchat. This is a peer award, so the winner will be chosen through higher ed community votes!
- Best use of social media with a live event: This award is meant to highlight universities connecting the physical and digital worlds. Events can include sporting events, graduation, job fairs – anything that showcases social media integration to enhance live event engagement and excitement.
You don’t have to be a #SMSsummit Higher Ed attendee to participate. Any higher education marketer can nominate their own institution or the work of another. Nominations are accepted through October 11th, 2017 — the winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony, November 2nd during the networking reception at the summit.
Find out more information about the EDU Hall of Fame and how to enter here.